Saturday, June 16, 2007

Go Play!

Dear Children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:16

What are you doing today to bless the life of someone else? Actions speak so much louder than words. "I would rather be fishing" is a sign I remember as a child seeing in many offices, homes and in general. I've seen "I'd rather be playing tennis" and "I'd rather be doing........" something other than what is right in front of us. Today, I encourage parents specifically - adults in general - to love with actions. So there is no long blog post....because I'd rather be living in the moment and making memories. Sometimes we just have to be deliberate about the pace of it all. When is the last time you had someone "love on you." That affectionate term came from a mentor, mom in the church, and friend - and she is wonderful to always remind me that we are made better when we are doing something to bless someone else.

Start blessing.... & Have a blessed day!

No comments: