Friday, April 27, 2007

A Friend In Deed

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
~ John F. Kennedy

I was traveling this week and needed quotes for a presentation. I stumbled on this one - but I really unearthed much more.

I had a friend who helpd by playing with my 3 year old all day and keeping my spirits up through the night - so I could get ready for a presentation. When I arrived she had grilled a great dinner, the coffee was delightful, the company amazing, the kindness unforgettable. She potted flowers and herbs for us, she decorated cup cakes, she lived by the word - friend.

I was trying to think about what I could do to really let her know how overwhelmed I felt because of her generosity - and realized, I could just continue to reach the heights of being a tremendous friend.

No comments: