I could easily slip into a feeling of woulda and coulda today, shoulda has already been hanging out for a few days. But instead, I say, here's to the little pushes. If there is never a great and noble task completed at my hand, I will rejoice in a variety of small things that would never happen with out me.
My little pushes over the last few days include:
- Emergency doctor for the latest ouchie for the little guy
- A friend to someone who really needed it
- Clean laundry for 5 people, even though they did not assist in the task
- A mini-calligraphy lesson for the daughter of a friend who squealed w/me about a boy she likes
- Popsicles for the next door neighbors kids and mine too
- Collection of our library books to be returned
- Delayed gratification in a purchase that means I saved our family money
- Blogging with a comment left - yippee I reached someone, a READER!
- The island in my kitchen will be all clean, after I get done typing
- I found the sword for Leonardo the turtle
- I contacted a client with leads for their work
- I forwarded several leads for a friend who is a life coach
- I walked this morning while I watched gymnastics
- and so.........the little pushes are defined not by the great and noble tasks, but the dignity with which we do all things. Weeding my garden, conserving water as I brush my teeth, a welcoming and clean home for my family, 20 letters mailed this week to say thank you, I miss you , Happy Birthday...and everything in between.