I almost didn't start this blog because I thought, my angels in heaven are going to have their work cut out. I upon occassion can string together words that are better left unused by the Christian wife and mother of three that I aspire to be. Then I decided - who am I protecting? Am I protecting those dear to me that I will probably write about, myself - because my imperfections may be gleaming brigther than the morning sky, or whom... I decided I would rather just write.
There are times when I have shared with a very good friend that her book (Godly in nature) and my book (yet unwritten) will probably never compete against each other. Hers will be a Christian audience and mine may cater more closely to the heathens in the world. The reality is - we both have a necessary cross-over audience. Then this past Sunday, our church was talking about all the heathens that God used. I was soo proud to be in good company.
The next time you feel like GOD can't use you, just remember...
Noah was a drunk
Abraham was too old
Isaac was a daydreamer
Jacob was a liar
Leah was ugly
Joseph was abused
Moses had a stuttering problem
Gideon was afraid
Samson had long hair and was a womanizer, Rahab was a prostitute, Jeremiah and Timothy were too young, David had an affair and was a murderer, Elijah was suicidal, Isaiah preached naked, Jonah ran from God, Naomi was a widow, Job went bankrupt, John the Baptist ate bugs, Peter denied Christ, The Disciples fell asleep while praying, Martha worried about everything, The Samaritan woman was divorced, more than once Zaccheus was too small, Paul was too religious, Timothy had an ulcer...AND Lazarus was dead!
No more excuses now. God can use you to your full potential.
Besides you aren't the message, you are just the messenger!
Posting on the group email@example.com (group is now closed)
- God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.
- Dear God, I have a problem, it's me.
- Growing old is inevitable. Growing UP is optional.
- There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.
- Silence is often misinterpreted but never misquoted.
- Do the math. count your blessings.
- Faith is the ability to not panic.
- Laugh every day, it's like inner jogging.
- If you worry, you didn't pray. If you pray, don't worry.
- As a child of God, prayer is kind of like calling home everyday.
- Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.
- The most important things in your house are the people.
- When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knot.
- A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.
- He who dies with the most toys is still dead.
If you are interested in learning more about my book - pray with me. I'm still wondering what God is going to use me for - but I know its going to be something big.